Printing Industry Standards
Terms and Conditions
Panther Printing abides by the Printing Industry Standards, as found below.
All customers doing business with Panther Printing must agree to abide by these terms and standards.
1. Quotation: A quotation not accepted by the customer within thirty (30) days is subject to review. All prices are based on material costs at the time of quotation.
2. Orders: Orders regularly placed, verbal or written, cannot be cancelled except upon terms that will compensate printer against loss incurred in relation to that order.
3. Experimental Work: Experiments or preliminary work performed at the Customer's request will be charged for at current rates and may not be used until the printer has been reimbursed in full for the amount of the charges billed.
4. Creative Work: Creative work, such as sketches, copy, dummies, and all preparatory work developed and furnished by the printer, shall remain its exclusive property and no use of same shall be made, nor any ideas obtained therefrom be used, except upon compensation to be determined by the printer, and not expressly identified and included in the selling price.
5. Condition of Copy: Upon receipt of original copy or manuscript, should it be evident that the condition of the copy differs from that which had been originally described and consequently quoted, the original quotation shall be rendered void and a new quotation issued.
6. Preparatory Materials: Working mechanical art, type, negatives, positives, flats, plates, and other items when supplied by the printer, shall remain its exclusive property unless otherwise agreed in writing.
7. Alterations: Alterations represent work performed in addition to the original specifications. Such additional work shall be charged at current rates and be supported with documentation upon request.
8. Prepress Proofs: Prepress proofs shall be submitted with original copy. Corrections are to be made on "master set," returned marked "O.K. to Print" and signed by Customer. If revised proofs are desired, request must be made when proofs are returned. Printer cannot be held responsible for errors under any or all of the following conditions: if the work is printed per Customer's O.K.; if changes are communicated verbally; if Customer has not ordered proofs; if the Customer has failed to return proofs with indication of changes; or if the Customer has instructed printer to proceed without submission of proofs. Under no circumstances is the printer responsible for archiving artwork.
9. Press Proofs: Unless specifically provided in printer's quotation, press proofs will be charged for at current rates. An inspection sheet of any form can be submitted for Customer approval, at no charge, provided Customer is available at the press during the time of makeready. Lost press time due to Customer delay, or Customer changes and corrections, will be charged at current rates.
10. Color Proofing: Because of differences in equipment, processing, proofing substrates, paper, inks, pigments, and other conditions between color proofing and production pressroom operations, a reasonable variation in color between color proofs and the completed job shall constitute acceptable delivery.
11. Over Runs and Under Runs: Printing industry trade standards allow that a 10% over run or under run constitutes acceptable delivery of your order. If you need a guaranteed quantity, the printer recommends that you order 10% over the minimum quantity you need.
12. Customer's Property: The printer will maintain fire, extended coverage, vandalism, malicious mischief, and sprinkler leakage insurance on all property belonging to the Customer, while such property is in the printer's possession; printer's liability for such property shall not exceed the amount recoverable from such insurance. Customer's property of extraordinary value shall be insured through mutual agreement.
13. Delivery: Unless otherwise specified, the price quoted is for single shipment, without storage, F.O.B. local Customer's place of business or F.O.B. printer's platform for out of town customers. Proposals are based on continuous and uninterrupted delivery of complete order, unless specifications distinctly state otherwise. Charges related to delivery from Customer to printer, or from Customer's supplier to printer, are not included in any quotation unless specified. Special priority pickup or delivery service will be provided at current rates upon Customer's request. Materials delivered from Customer or his suppliers are verified with delivery ticket as to cartons, packages or items shown only. The accuracy of quantities indicated on such tickets cannot be verified and printer cannot accept liability for shortage based on supplier's tickets. Title for finished work shall pass to the Customer upon delivery to carrier at shipping point or upon mailing of invoices for finished work, whichever occurs first.
14. Production Schedules: Production schedules will be established and adhered to by Customer and printer, provided that neither shall incur any liability or penalty for delays due to state of war, riot, civil disorder, fire, labor trouble, strikes, accidents, energy failure, equipment breakdown, delays of supplies or carriers, action of Government or civil authority and acts of God or other causes beyond the control of Customer or printer. Where production schedules are not adhered to by the Customer, final delivery date(s) will be subject to renegotiation.
15. Customer Furnished Materials: Paper stock, inks, camera copy, film, color separations, and other Customer furnished material shall be manufactured, packed, and delivered to printer's specifications. Additional cost due to delays or impaired production caused by specification deficiencies shall be charged to Customers.
16. Terms: Payment shall be whatever was set forth in the quotation or invoice unless otherwise provided in writing. Claims for defects, damages or shortages must be made by the Customer in writing within a period of ten (10) days after delivery of all or any part of the order. Failure to make such claim within the stated period shall constitute irrevocable acceptance and as admission that they fully comply with terms, conditions, and specifications.
17. Liability: Printer's liability shall be limited to stated selling price of any defective goods, and shall in no event include special or consequential damages, including profits (or profits lost). As security for payment of any sum due or to become due under terms of agreement, printer shall have the right, if necessary, to retain possession of and shall have a lien on all Customer property in printer's possession including work in process and finished work. The extension of credit or the acceptance of notes, trade acceptance or guarantee of payment shall not affect such security interest and lien.
18. Indemnification: The Customer shall indemnify and hold harmless the printer from any and all loss, cost, expense, and damages (including court costs and reasonable attorney fees) on account of any and all manner of claims, demands, actions, and proceedings that may be instituted against the printer on grounds alleging that the said printing violates any copyrights or any proprietary right of any person, or that it contains any matter that is libelous or obscene or scandalous, or invades any person's right to privacy or other personal rights, except to the extent that the printer contributed to the matter. The Customer agrees, at the Customer's own expense, to promptly defend and continue the defense of any such claim, demand, action or proceeding that may be brought against the printer, provided that the printer shall promptly notify the Customer with respect thereto, and provided further that the printer shall give the Customer such reasonable time as the exigencies of the situation may permit in which to undertake and continue the defense thereof.
19. Sales Tax or Use Tax: Unless the proper exemption is filed with printer, customer accepts full responsibility to pay all applicable sales or use taxes directly to the Florida State Tax Commission on purchases made tax-free which subsequently are used, consumed, or not resold, to include paper and ink, composition, electrotypes, stereotypes, mats, photoengravings, electronic engravings, rubber plates, plastic plates, lithograph plates, silk screens, embossing dies, stamping dies, engraving dies, cutting dies, at work including all materials used therein including copywriting, transparencies, photographs, negatives, positives, duplicating masters, stencils, reproduction proofs, stripping tape, masking sheets, bindery materials including tape, wire, wrapping, cartons, padding, adhesives, binding board, and any other materials used in the manufacture of the product, excluding machinery and equipment.
20. Payment: All Accounts are COD and 50% deposits are required. A finance charge of 1½% per month (18% per annum) will be charged on the unpaid, past due balance. Purchaser agrees to pay reasonable attorney's fees and other costs incurred for collection.